Optimize Your Descriptions
When creating the name and the description of your products, constantly remind yourself that these are the instruments which will help you reach more clients. This is the way you will be able to advertise and sell your produce. Do not underestimate the power of a creative title and description and always strive to have them written impeccably and tempting. Here are some pieces of advice to help you achieve good results:
Creating a functional and selling product title
- Define exactly what yоur product is, even though, the category it belongs to already might be stating that.
- Add color and size, if they are not already in the product options. You will have the opportunity to add these later on in the Options section. You may add “various colors” or “various sizes”.
- Think of key words that best describe the product you are selling.
- Include brand, name f the designer or the artist.
- Use grammatically correct words.
What not to include in your product title
- Do not use multiples and multitude of synonyms. This will make your title bulky and clumsy.
- Do not use acronyms too much.
- Do not use punctuation.
- Do not use deceiving, misleading and false information.
- Do not write websites, telephone numbers or email addresses.
- Never use rude or offensive language or tone.
- Do not use words that will put your products or your integrity under suspicion from Chopni or any government institutions.
How to structure a really good description
Product description gives you the opportunity to present your product to your current and potential clients in the best and most appealing way. Use good tone of voice and correct and wholesome sentences. Group the information by relevance and in paragraphs. Start with the most important details, which the client must know about your product.
- Include specific infrmation such as size, shape, color, manufacturing date, expiry date, cuntry of origin, company, manufacturer, author, artist, warranty etc.
- Be as clear as possible as to what the product includes and the type of package and what's in it.
- State your return policy conditions.
- If you have a video of the product or the brand, available on Youtube, Vimeo or Dailymotion, you can embed it to the description, so it has a stronger effect.
In a different paragraph you could think of including a short story or slogan, which brings vital information why this product would be good for the client if they bought it. By including personal (P2P) message, you will boost the chances of the client selecting precisely your product among all the rest.
What should not be included in the product description
- Do not write anything that is not true in your description.
- Do not embed images in your description. You have the opportunity to attach and upload images later on during the completion of the product listing.
- Do not include information that is not relevant to the product you are describing and selling.
- Do not include negative comments and notes.
- Do not include forbidden and limited content (read our forbidden products policy)
- Do not include emails and links to other websites.
- Do not use descriptions of products, copied directly from other sources (e.g. marketplace websites, other product presentations on Chopni, manufacturer website, etc)
- Do not create misleading descriptions or small print surprises the clients might not read.
- Do not include logos of trademarks unless you have their exclusive consent to use them.
* In red, you can see all the mandatory requirements. Failing to comply with them will result in your product not being approved by administrator.