Optimize Your Descriptions
Last Updated: 9 January 2019
When creating the name and the description of your products, constantly remind yourself that these are the instruments which will help you reach more clients. This is the way you will be able to advertise and sell your produce. Do not underestimate the power of a creative title and description and always strive to have them written impeccably and tempting. Here are some pieces of advice to help you achieve good results:
Creating a functional and selling product title
- Define exactly what yоur product is, even though, the category it belongs to already might be stating that;
- Add color and size, if they are constant. If you have different size and color options, add "various sizes" or "various" colors" in the title;
- Think of key words that best describe the product you are selling.
- Include brand or designer/artist namer, where applicable (e.g. Long Sleeveless Button-up Shirt in Pink by Gucci from XS to XXL)
- Use grammatically correct words.
What NOT to include in your product title
- Do not use multiples and multitude of synonyms. This will make your title bulky and clumsy.
- Do not use acronyms too much.
- Do not use punctuation.
- Do not use deceiving, misleading and false information.
- Do not input websites, telephone numbers or email addresses.
- Never use rude or offensive language.
- Do not use words that will put your products or your integrity under suspicion.
How to structure a really good description
Product description gives you the opportunity to present your product to your current and potential customers in the best and most appealing way. Use good tone of speech and correct and complete sentences. Group the information by relevance and in paragraphs. Start with the most important details, which the client must know about your product.
- Include specific infrmation such as size, shape, color, manufacturing date, expiry date, cuntry of origin, company, manufacturer, author, artist, warranty etc.
- Be as clear as possible as to what the product includes and the type of packaging and what's in it.
- If you have a video of the product or the brand, uploaded on on the Internet, you can embed it in the description, so it has a stronger effect.
In a different paragraph you could think of including a short story or slogan, which brings vital information why this product would be good for the customer if they bought it. By including personal (P2P) message, you will boost the chances of the customer selecting precisely your product and not the competitor's.
What should NOT be included in the product description
- Do not put any false information in your description.
- Do not embed images in your description. You have the opportunity to attach and upload images later on, during the completion of the product listing.
- Do not include information that is not relevant to the product at hand.
- Do not include negative comments and notes.
- Do not include forbidden and limited content (read our forbidden products policy)
- Do not include emails and links to other websites.
- Do not use descriptions of products, copied directly from other sources (e.g. marketplaces, other product presentations on Chopni.com, manufacturer website, etc). Instyead, change the text a little so the content is deemed unique - this is important for the SEO optimization of your products.
- Do not create misleading descriptions or small print surprises the clients might not read.
- Do not include logos of trademarks, that you do not own, unless you have their representatives' exclusive consent to use them.
* In red, you can see all the mandatory requirements. Failing to comply with them will result in your product not being approved by administrator.